Nightmare is actively looking for new members to join our team to bring in fresh ideas and help with the active development process which is updated publicly on our roadmap. Whether you are an experienced developer or someone with little experience looking to hone their game development skills please do not be intimidated in applying! 😃
If you are new here and would like to learn more about Nightmare, please check out this article before applying.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for talented map designers, graphic artists, and all-around general game developers with a passion for creativity to join us on our journey to creating the best 2D MMORPG. Even if you just want to help out, be that as a moderator, community event organizer, or even just help reduce the workload from our current developers, we have a place for you!
How do I apply?
Either email the following application to Kibbelz@mageworkstudios.com or send it to the developers directly through our Discord.
- What position are you applying for?
- What are your Nightmare characters names?
- How old are you?
- Why do you think you would be a good fit and what would you bring to the team?
- Examples of your work (Be that maps, pixel art, or other games/discord servers/websites you have previously moderated for)
- Do you accept that all work produced for Nightmare whilst working for Nightmare will be owned by Magework Studios? (Yes/No).
What game engine are you using?
We use a custom version of the free 2D MMORPG engine called Intersect, which contains a built-in developer suite including map editors, NPC editors, item editors, etc. If you have experience with RPG Maker or any other similar RPG-styled game maker, you will have no issue picking up this engine.
Will I be paid?
Short term no, long term, once we turn a profit, we may be in a position to pay our developers. However, this only happens if you have contributed enough to the project and this will open to discussion once the project turns a profit.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them in your application. We look forward to reading your applications!
- The Nightmare Development Team